Monday, August 18, 2008

9th Grade Essay Assignment- first draft due 8/25

As the new semester stands before you, I imagine that you have many goals for yourself academically, spiritually, and relationally. Like you, I have many goals for this class and my other classes as well. In my own experience, I have found that when I make new goals, I often do not think of my past goals or past efforts, so in a thoughtful and well-written essay, I want you to think about your performance last semester in English Literature and answer this question:

What three goals do you have for yourself in English Literature this semester? Why?

Essay Format Requirements
  • Your essay must be 2-2.5 pages long, double spaced.
  • Your essay must be written in 12 point Times New Roman Font.
  • Your essay must be written in essay form, with five paragraphs total- - an introduction containing a thesis statement, a three paragraph body, and a conclusion.
  • Your essay must have a title and a heading.
  • It must have proper grammar and mechanics.
Essay Content Requirements
  • The body of your essay should briefly summarize your assessment of your life last semester and then list your three goals for this semester and explain why you have them.
  • Two of your goals should be academic goals. The third goal should be personal or spiritual.
  • When you discuss these goals, you should explain why you have them in relation to the past, the present, and the future. For example, do you desire to increase your vocabulary this semester because you saw it as one of your greatest weaknesses last semester and because you know it will be a key to your success in the High School entrance examination?

No comments: