Monday, September 21, 2009

Example Sentences for Week 2 vocab words for SAT 11

1. Recently, I have been __________________(d) in my attempts to make the perfect apple muffin. I just can’t seem to get the recipe right.

2. It was a joy to work with such a _______________________ principal because I knew he would always be there to support and provide for his employees.

3. She was hurt because I ____________________(d) her for enjoying Twilight. I think the book is poorly written.

4. The crying child was calmed by her brother’s _________________tone.

5. The offensive language was _________________(d) from the show before it was broadcast.

6. Every Parent-Teacher’s conference, I am bombarded by hundreds of ________________ questions about grades and college entrance.

7. Jesus is the ultimate model of ________________________ since He sacrificed his life for everyone, even though he was guiltless.

8. I was hurt by my boss’s ___________________ remarks about my class since nobody else had criticized me.

9. He is a very _____________________ person. In the past year, he has sued 12 different people!
10. My cat ___________________ my plant by ripping off all its leaves.

11. Many of the world’s ____________________ computers, televisions, and cell phones end up in Nigeria where workers use the parts to make new appliances.

12. My reputation was _____________________(d) after my best friend admitted that she had taken the money.

13. Even though he is not rich, he is very ___________________________. He gives the majority of what he earns to the poor.
14. After her told me that he had cheated on the exams, I was impressed by his ______________________ because I knew that it took a strong conscience and great bravery to tell the truth.

15. After everyone got an A+ on the final exam, the teacher launched into a ______________________ speech that lasted for 20 minutes.

16. After the Holocaust, many Nazi leaders were ___________(ed) because of the war crimes they had committed against the Jews.

17. I have no desire to be an ________________ person because I dislike the spotlight and have no desire to be famous.

18. It took Esau a long time to trust his brother Jacob because Jacob had ___________________(ed) him and stolen his birthright.

19. Many lawyers who are corrupted by a desire for money and power use _____________ to win their most important cases.

20. Her stunning face was __________(ed) by the burn scars.

21. I can easily tell the difference between when a student is being __________________ and when a student is genuinely respectful.

22. I ______________________(d) his claim that I had embezzled 10,000 dollars from the office by showing the judge my bank statements and tax records.

23. Hektor was killed because of Achilles’ _______________________ rage over the death of Paris.

24. He tried to _________________ all proof that he had been smoking, but when he kissed her, she could taste the cigarettes on his tongue.

25. It is impossible for me to __________________ my anxiety when I’m on a rollercoaster. They terrify me!

26. When she said that she had run 3 miles in 7 minutes, I began to doubt the _______________ of everything she said.

27. She did not feel comfortable in his presence because he had a reputation for __________________. He was known for saying inappropriately intimate things.

28. He tired to _______________ her into going on a date with him; although he made her laugh, she would not agree to go out with him.

29. I am in love with him and I hope that someday he will _________________ my feelings.

30. Wikipedia is not always a _________________ resource, so it’s best to seek proof elsewhere.

31. The prosecutor __________________(ed) the witnesses’ testimony by revealing that the witness was an alcoholic.

32. When we saw her unhappy expression, our hopes of having a fun class were ________________(ed).

33. I could not give him a detention for cheating because I had no proof to ___________________ my suspicion.

34. It is important and easy to _______________ the glorious wonders of God.

35. I must grade each test with _______________. As a result, it takes me a long time to get it done.

36. Many believed that he won the election through ___________________, so there were many protests when he took office.

37. When it was revealed that he had an extra-marital affair, his family suffered from the _________________ of his act.

38. I despised the pastor because I sensed that he was _____________________ and not nearly as wonderful as everyone else thought.
39. Rap is filled with lyrics that are ___________________ to women.

40. When his DNA and thumbprints were found at the crime scene, the attorney believed that they had found __________________ evidence and indicted him.

41. Because I didn’t believe a single part of her sad story, I felt no _____________________ for her.

42. I was ________________(ed) when I realized that only one out of 17 10B students had done their homework.

43. Many European towns were completely _______________(d) by bombs in World War II. The city of Dresden, for example, was reduced to rubble.

44. Mr. Kwon takes excellent care of the school’s finances because he is _________________________ about everything he does.

45. The king ________________ himself when he relinquished his throne so that he could marry the common woman.

46. Her decisions were always ____________________, often favoring the girls over the boys, no matter what the situation was.

47. The king did not trust any of his advisors because he realized that they were cowardly ______________________(s) eager to gain power through flattery.

48. Mr. Northe likes to anger me by ____________________(ing) poetry and literature. I try not to be upset, but it works every time. I can’t understand how he could dislike poetry!

49. After nearly 20 years in prison, Nelson Mandela was ____________________(d) from prison and later became the president of South Africa.

50. It would be _______________ of you to leave your seatbelt unfastened as you ride in a car.

No comments: