Monday, September 14, 2009

Vocabulary Exercise for SAT 10

1. His face was ________________ and tired because he had not been eating and sleeping.

2. I hated the pastor’s _____________________ tone when he prayed. It made it hard for me to trust him.

3. Paco is known for his ____________________ at our school. He never hesitates to help others, even when it is a sacrifice of his time.

4. The world was shocked when the ___________________ acts of the Nazis were uncovered.

5. I sold my car to the mechanic when he told me that it was ______________.

6. The ________________ of his extramarital affair destroyed his political career.

7. The harsh look on her face _______________(ed) our hopes of having a fun time in class.

8. The _________________ gaze of the criminal made the prison guard extremely uncomfortable.

9. Many of the teachers were insulted by the _________________ of his speech and as a result, they did not respect him.

10. We were disgusted by our pastor’s ____________when we realized that he had been stealing money from the church.

11. Many people were not able to see the politician’s __________________ and as a result, they elected him and regretted it later.

12. Be careful about making her angry because she can be very ___________________ once she is upset.

13. He was thrilled that his teacher only had _______________________ things to say about him in the parent-teacher conference.

14. When Jesus became a man, He _________________(d) Himself so that we could be redeemed.

15. I was late because my boss _______________(ed) me in the hall.

16. My enjoyment of the party was ______________(ed) when I realized that my lover was not there.

17. When the witness told the investigator that the victim had been poisoned, the investigator had the body ____________________(ed).

18. My sister’s hopes were ________________(d) when he told her that he was going to try to get back with his ex-girlfriend.

19. Many believe that he won the election through _______________________.

20. I have to buy a new shower curtain because the old one was _________________ by my cats.

21. You have to be _____________________ when you choose the person you will marry.

22. Bill Gates is not only known for his work at Microsoft, but also for his __________________ contributions to many charities.

23. Many homes were destroyed by the _____________________.

24. His attempts to impress her were ____________________(d) by the arrival of his handsome more talented best friend.

25. I am not interested in fashion magazines because they focus on things that are _____________________ and not necessary for life.

26. Even though I suspected that he had cheated on the exam, there was no way to ________________________ it, so I couldn’t give him a detention.

27. Many cities in Europe were ______________(d) by bombs in World War II.
28. I was very offended by the __________________ comments that he made about women.

29. When I asked him whether he wanted to go out on a date, I was discouraged when he replied ________________________.

30. Miss Jones made a long ___________________ speech about the dangers of love yesterday.

31. When I met President Obama, I couldn’t believe that I was meeting such an ____________________ person.

32. She is very ____________________ in class, so sometimes I forget that she’s there.

33. My younger sister wants to marry a rich man and live a life of _____________, but I don’t care about money. I’m resigned to being poor for the rest of my life.

34. I despised him because he was so __________________________ and was always willing to do whatever he was told. I love men who have a mind of their own.

35. Erica is happy because Bruce ____________________(s) her feelings about him.

36. It is important to speak ____________________ when you give a speech.

37. He was furious when he realized that his best friend had _________________(ed) him in her heart.

38. When I was sad, I was comforted by her _____________________ words.

39. When I gave him my Korean composition, he laughed its _________________________. Then he encouraged me to keep trying.

40. The flame of love has been ___________________(d) in Erica’s heart.

41. Justin has been ___________________(ing) Erica for her love of Bruce.


42. Miss Ranger has a very ______________________ spirit; she always understands and is there whenever you need her.

43. I doubted the _______________________ of his claim that he was related to Jesus Christ.

44. The lawyer _________________________(ed) the witness’s character by revealing that the witness was an alcoholic.

45. When I was young, there was a girl who spread many lies about me, but eventually I was ________________________(d) when people realized what kind of person she was.

46. Sometimes, I just want to _____________________ the glories and wonders of God.

47. The editor had to _______________________ the offensive and violent scenes in the movie.

48. She was hurt when I ________________________(d) Twilight because of Stephanie Meyer’s writing style.

49. She gets ______________(ed) when you tease her about liking him.

50. It was very difficult to _____________________ an alternate teaching lesson when my computer broke.

51. He missed his flight because he was ____________________(ed) by the guards at the airport.

52. We were amazed at the dog’s ____________________ when he was trying to protect his master.

53. Everyone has been amused by Erica’s _________________________ admission that she likes Bruce.

54. My hopes were _______________________(ed) when he told me that there was no chance that any man would ever love me.
55. I find his obnoxious company _________________.

56. Brian Kim is very good at _______________________(ing) me into giving him coffee.

57. It is important for a teacher to have ____________________ for students because it helps them teach better.

58. He was ________________________ to her beauty and therefore he was not interested in her.

59. The ruler felt lonely because he was surrounded by ___________________ and there was nobody he could trust.

60. She has a very sunny ______________________ so it’s always pleasant to be around her.

61. When I broke up with him, I wanted to ____________________ all memory of him because it was just too painful to think about him.

62. It is wrong to __________________ with somebody’s heart.

63. She was able to ___________________ the class by giving them a difficult pop quiz.

1 comment:

Justin the Great said...

in the movie, only sonscan inherite their families money. do you think it's fair to inherit the money only to the sons,if yes, whats thed advantages, and if no whats the disadvatages of inheriting only to the sons.
Justin Moon