Sunday, March 1, 2009

ESSAY ASSIGNMENT DETAILS

Here is a little more clarification about your essay assignment:

9B: Your essay must be 2 pages long, double spaced, and typed in 12 point Times New Roman Font. It should have a proper title and heading.

9A: Your essay must be 2.5-3 pages long, double spaced, and typed in 12 point Times New Roman Font. It should have a proper title and heading.

It must answer all parts of this essay question:

What are some ways that you, as a young person, can be faithful in your life right now? How do these things benefit you now? How will they benefit you in the future?

Your essay must have a detail that relates to the essay question, and it also must contain your thesis statement. It is typical to have an essay that has two or three body paragraphs, so your thesis statement should have two or three main assertions.

For example: While I am young, I want to be faithful in ________a________, ______b______, and ________c__________. By being faithful in these things, I can benefit now and in the future in many different ways.

For Example: "While I am young, I want to be faithful in my relationship to God, in my study of English, and in my study of the piano. By being faithful in these things, I can benefit now and in the future in many different ways.

First Body Paragraph: Your first body paragraph should have a topic sentence that corresponds to Part A of your thesis statement (i.e. I want to be faithful in my relationship to God).
In each body paragraph, you should discuss:

  • WHAT area in your life will you be faithful.
  • HOW you will be faithful.
  • WHY you will be faithful.
  • HOW it will benefit you now.
  • HOW it will benefit you in the future.

Second Body Paragraph: Your second body paragraph should follow the same format as the first, except it should correspond to Part B of your thesis statement (I want to be faithful in my study of English).

Third Body Paragraph: Your third body paragraph should follow the same format except it should be about Part C of your thesis statement (I want to be faithful in my study of the piano).

Lastly, you must have a conclusion. Your conclusion should not introduce any new information. It should simply sum up the things you said in the introduction and body of your essay.

The first draft of this essay is due NEXT MONDAY(March 9th).

No comments: